Friday, September 30, 2011

the awkward fairy

An email I sent to Marian, my best friend, one fine midsummer Tuesday afternoon:

-----------------------------------------------
On the Fourth of July, I:

- Almost lit the house on fire.  Note to self:  Do not believe the guys at the fireworks stand who tell you that "nothing we sell will explode any higher than waist-height," since clearly they are talking about waist-height for Sasquatch.

Yesterday, I:

- Threw Adam out of my apartment at 10 a.m. so he would not be there when Nolan came to pick me up at 10:30 a.m.  I think I am a bad person.

- Went on an 11-hour maybe-date with Nolan, which was dive-bombed somewhere around hour 10 by a visit from the Awkward Fairy, in the guise of a Channel 9 newswoman.  I'm heading into a meeting right now, but do I have a story for you later.
-----------------------------------------------

I'll tell you the rest next week, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment